Skip to main content

Featured Designers #5


Although I have spent most of my life in the math and science field, I
have always had a need to create -- poetry, computer aided art,
quilting, ceramics, you name it. Even while I was in school for an
electrical engineering degree, I was painting irises for relaxation. I
think I used it to balance both sides of my brain.  And now that I am
in a clinical psychology PhD program (University of New Mexico), I
find beading and weaving jewelry to be incredibly fun and calming. I
want to make jewelry that is wearable art of the highest quality;
hence, I use mostly gemstones in my work. I also am having fun
learning different braiding and knotting techniques for my jewelry. If
I had my druthers, I'd make a lucrative living with my craft. However,
since that doesn't look likely at this current time, I will continue
toward my degree while crafting on the side.  But watch out!  You're
going to have to call me Dr. Lotus Jewels by December 2012!

Other random info: I love cats. I currently have 3 of them, all
rescues. I also have a husband I love and I love the natural beauty
found in New Mexico, especially the piercing blue sky and Sandia
mountains when they turn red at sunset.

Websites: LotusJewels.etsy.com, http://www.facebook.com/LotusJewels

****************************************


I am an island girl who grew up at the  beach and only recently began combining and selling my love of beachcombing and design with my other loves of crafting and photography.  I especially love to design custom art and craft for customers because it gives me direction and I enjoy thinking about and intending extra love for the person who will wear or use my art!  
Mermaid inspired accessories, nature inspired photography, and urban inspired stencil design are my main features.
I currently live on the Hawai'ian island of Kaua'i with my husband and 2 sons. 



************************************************

There has never been a time in my life when I wasn't knitting or sewing. I learned those first lessons from my grandmother when I was too young to recall a beginning. It just became a part of my descriptive adjectives: long hair, green eyes, fiber addict. I love how color and texture combine to not only create beauty, but function, as well.  Fiber simply fascinates me. I love manipulating it and fiddling with it just to see what it can do. I love all the different stories it has to tell. I do my own designing and make my own patterns. Making things things of beauty and quality with my own hands is enthralling.  So, I'm lucky. I'm a girl in her studio by the pond, teasing out the tales my yarns and woolens, silks and cottons have to reveal, while looking for and finding new inspirations everywhere.

My favorite part of Handmade is having the opportunity to know the people who purchase my little bits and pieces of creation and being a part of a community of givers, receivers, and makers.  Everything I design is with all these people in mind.  To that end, my materials are sourced to be organic, fair trade, recycled, repurposed, and/or vintage.  And a
t the end of the day, when I send a little piece of handmade goodness out into the world, I consider it a job well done and a job well worth doing, at that. 

**********************************************************

My name is Judy and I created "JuJuBeads" to satisfy my urge to make pretty things!  It really started out as a form of therapy during a period of health problems when I was pretty much housebound. Before I knew it, it seemed to take on a life of its own.  And pretty soon, "JuJuBeads" was born.  I love what I do and I hope it comes out in my work.  I welcome custom orders and strive to make my customers happy!


My facebook site: is www.facebook.com/pages/jujubeader
My twitter site is: www.twitter.com/#!/jujubeader

As of now, my blog is more about me, my life, my struggles and nothing really to do with "JuJuBeads" but I do plan on integrating it sometime soon.

Comments

Jen said…
Thanks for the wonderful feature! :)
JuJuBeader said…
Wow! I'm really honored to be part of this wonderful array of artists. Thank you so much for featuring me, Louise! I will definitely be following your blog. THANKS AGAIN! :)
Jess Wrobel said…
Thanks so much! Truly appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

2 needle fingerless gloves

This is an easy pattern that can be adapted according to your skill. I used worsted weight yarn and US 5 needles. You need just over 50gms of yarn. I also found that knitting them both at the same times ensures that they bout turn out the same ! Cast on 42 sts Knit 20 rows in k2 p2 rib on the 20th row place markers this way: k20 place marker, k2, place marker, k20 the 2 sts between the markers will form the increase for the thumb. Switch to stocking stitch (1 row K - right side- 1 row P - wrong side) Knit to marker, (20 sts) knit twice in the next stitch and in the one after that (the sts between the markers) K20 next row and all wrong side rows, Purl Knit 20 sts (you have reached the marker) knit twice in next stitch, K2 (till next marker) and K twice in the stitch before the marker K20 Continue this way, always increasing a stitch at each marker till you have 16sts between the markers. k 2 rows then with right side facing, k20, CO 16, k20 (shaping the thumb) nex

Hand Knitted Baby Cardigan Pattern

By Popular Demand! This is in one size only - takes for ever to figure out other sizes! For chest 10" - finished measurements about 14" Sleeve 3" You will need: 2 balls of a soft yarn that woks with 3.25mm (US 3 Needles) A button tension is 25sts and 50 rows for a 4x4 inch square If you are a beginner you may not understand this pattern - for more experienced knitters, I am sure you will see the 'pattern' of the decrease rows forming the raglan) I think this was originally a Debbie Bliss pattern i had written down somewhere so please forgive me if there are any mistakes - as i keep saying, I am hopeless at writing down patterns and i just had some notes on a scrap of paper! Back cast on 45 sts knit until back measures 3" ending with a wrong side row cast off 4 sts at beginning of next 2 rows leave remaining 37 sts on a spare needle sleeves (I  knit both at the same time) cast on 29 sts K 7 rows increase:* k3, m1, k to last 4 sts m1, k3

Straight Needle Sock Pattern

I dont like using circulars - and this is an easy pattern with just one seam up the back and the foot. Straight needle sock pattern MATERIALS: size 5 needles,(3.75mm) 100gms worsted weight yarn Abbreviations K – knit P – purl Tog – together PSSO – pass slipped stitch over Top of sock Cast on 42 sts, Work in K1 P1 rib for about 4 inches or for a high as you would like the socks to be Start shaping the heel: Knit 11 sts, Turn : knit on these 11 sts only for 16 rows, ending with a purl row Make heel Row 1:-K2, k2tog, k1, turn, Row 2: - slip1, P3, turn. Row 3:-K3, K2tog, K1, turn, Row 4: slip1, P4, turn. Row 5:-K4, K2tog, K1, turn, Row 6: slip1, P5, turn. Row 7:-K5, k2tog, K1. You have 7 sts left Pick up 10 sts on the side of the heel (the part you have just knitted), and knit them. Knit across the  sts left on the needle Turn and knit on the 1 st 11 sts only for 17 rows ending with a knit row Make the next heel as follows: Row 1: P2, P2tog, P1, turn, Row 2: slip1, K3, turn. Row3:- P3,