Custom Search

European Antiques

2 needle fingerless gloves

This is an easy pattern that can be adapted according to your skill.
I used worsted weight yarn and US 5 needles.
You need just over 50gms of yarn.
I also found that knitting them both at the same times ensures that they bout turn out the same !

Cast on 42 sts
Knit 20 rows in k2 p2 rib
on the 20th row place markers this way:
k20 place marker, k2, place marker, k20
the 2 sts between the markers will form the increase for the thumb.

Switch to stocking stitch (1 row K - right side- 1 row P - wrong side)
Knit to marker, (20 sts)
knit twice in the next stitch and in the one after that (the sts between the markers)
K20
next row and all wrong side rows, Purl
Knit 20 sts (you have reached the marker)
knit twice in next stitch, K2 (till next marker) and K twice in the stitch before the marker
K20

Continue this way, always increasing a stitch at each marker till you have 16sts between the markers.
k 2 rows then with right side facing, k20, CO 16, k20 (shaping the thumb)
next row, (W side) knit 19sts, K 2 tog, K till end
next row - K 18 sts, k 2 tog, k till end
you should now have 38 sts total.
K 6 more rows
K 6 rows in K2P2 rib
Cast off
Sew up the side and there you go!!

You can spruce up this basic pattern by cabling the rib, adding bobbles, stripes etc etc
Enjoy!

20 comments:

cheeky rose said...

Lovely design and colour way

Laurie said...

Fantastic pattern! Thanks so much! I'm still not an expert with 3 or 4 dpn's and tend to get discouraged. This will be a quick knit!

Sue said...

I want to start this pattern right away, but reading through it, I'm just a bit confused. The row where you place the markers for the first time-k20, pm, k2, pm, k20. That comes out to 42 stitches, and we are casting on 44. Is this correct? Please help!!

Louise Knits said...

fixed it - should have been cast on 42 not 44

Sue said...

Thank you, Thank you!!! Now I'm on my way to making them!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful find - quick and easy and just what my grandaughter needs. I have made 2 pairs with a yaarn with a wook content, and now making 2 pairs from mercerised cotton. Marvellous.

Highland Monkey's said...

Found your blog while hopping! I loved your gloves so much I made a pair myself. I hope you dont mind but I put a link to your page to give you credit.

Anonymous said...

These fingerless gloves are so cute. I have made one pair for my sister. Thank you. I did have to make some adjustments, but this may have been because I am not a totally experienced knitter. I believe that it should be to cast on 44 stitches or 40 stitches...not 42. When I tried the 42 i was not getting the rib, I was getting the "moss" or "seed" stitch. You would need an even number of ribbing to create the ribs. Right? I used 44 and it turned out perfectly. But then I had to make some changes with the number of knits before and after the markers and the k2tog's.

Louise Knits said...

the rib is 2 x 2 rib...

Anonymous said...

Right. But if you have 42, then you start and end with k2. But when you turn the work, starting with k2 again, you are actually knitting the purls and purling the knits, which creates the moss stitch. When doing a rib you have to knit the knits and purl the purls.

Louise Knits said...

when you turn the ribbing you knit the purl and purl the knit - thats the way to rib.. i dont think i am understanding your question...

if you end with k2, when you turn its P2

Spud said...

In the last paragraph thing where it says 'k 2 rows then with right side facing, k20, CO 16, k20' what does CO 16 mean? Cast on or cast off?

Anonymous said...

cast off

Mel Philpott said...

I had another pattern which was mixed up and confusing - yours is much better. Have made 3 pairs and love them. Mine sat funny with the side seam coming across my little finger so make a definite left and right by deducting 4 stitches from one side of the increase and adding to the other.

Katie Doherty said...

Hey< sorry if this is a silly question< but how do you feel about people seling items made from your patterns while giving you full credit for the pattern? :D x (also if the products were made from a slightly edited version of your pattern?)

felice sereno said...

Hi Katie - by all means sell what you make with my pattern! :)

Anonymous said...

appreciate pattern! can you tell me what the gauge is because i have lots of yarn with no labels on skeins, so want to be able to adjust needle size if needed. thank you very much...

Johanna said...

Thank you for posting this pattern. I make a lot of fingerless mitts (which I am now calling "texting" mitts) for family and friends, from a two needle pattern which I created, and I am always interested in looking at other similar patterns. Yours is wonderful. Some of the comments posted here made me smile, remembering that all knitters are not starting off at the same place, some being beginners and others more experienced. We are all so fortunate when people like you freely share their expertise and make life so much happier for others. Many thanks again.

Lilacrosesandthemoon said...

Thank you for sharing your pattern. It is most generous of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi do you have this one in a children's size??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...