Custom Search

Easy knit scarf

This is a super easy scarf to knit - even for a beginner. As always I am hopeless writing patters but I shall give this a try:
Use large needles - I used a US 10. You will need lots of different yarns, more or less the same weight and in the colors of your choice.
I cast on 50 stitches. Then knitted up the yarns randomly, but attaching the ends using a knot and bow. I didn't join the yarn as one should (hiding the ends) but instead emphasized the join. - Does that make sense?
Knit, using stocking stitch, or knit stitch for as long as you like! It will be almost reversible. Also, make sure you change color randomly as you want to avoid a stripy effect.
You can purchase the finished version HERE or request a custom order.

11 comments:

Christy said...

I am just learning to knit, and was given a lot of left-over yarns, so this is a perfect project for me! I'll post again once I finish. Christy

Jackie said...

This is such a good idea! Thanks!

Debbi said...

I'm just a beginner and have attempted to knit a few scarves on my own and without knowing what I was doing. Thank goodness there's finally a pattern even I can follow! I love the idea of using left-overs. I will definately try this one, thanks!Debbi

Jean said...

Thanks, Christy. This one looks interesting and great for an "easy" knitter like me.

Kathy said...

This looks so cute! I have years of different bits and pieces of yarns that are just waiting for something like this. One question though, when you say that you join the yarns with a bow, are you really just tying a bow? Am I making complicated the uncomplicated?

Kathy

Louise Knits said...

just a knot and a bow , kathy!

BJ said...

This is a wonderful way to use up left-over yarn! I am not too experienced a knitter, but I did make a couple of blankets using left-over yarn. I did not think anyone would like it, but it turns out my kids and grandkids fight over the blanket! If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will do it.

Netagene said...

I just found your blog. I've done the same thing with yarn ends - just make a bow knot (if I give "whatever" as a gift, I tell the recipient that it's a "love knot" from me to them!). I also slip the first stitch of every row so that it won't "roll". I enjoyed reading some of your patterns. I'm mostly a crocheter but taught myself to knit when I was late 20s. Second thing I knitted was a dress! I'm at http://netagenesnicethings.blogspot.com

Barbara Iwodi said...

Great idea thanks

Alicia Wicks said...

I have been knitting for charity constantly for 3 years. I HATE to weave in ends. This is a great way to use up bits or yarn and not have to weave in ends. many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Looks more like garter stitch, which would be perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...